SPA Tournament Rules will be used.
Additional Rules for this event:
- No player sits on the bench more than 2 innings per game, unless they ask. Everyone bats.
- If all players are in the line-up, and a player is injured and must be removed from the game, you will not be penalized with an out when it is the injured player’s turn at bat.
- If a team is short of players before the start of the tournament, or during the tournament, loaning of players is permitted upon agreement of the coaches.
- Team coaches will do their best to rotate players in and out so everyone gets to play.
- Coaches reserve the right to adjust player’s positions.
- Maximum of five runs scored per inning by each team.
- The last inning is an open inning (with less than 10 minutes left in the game the umpire will call the next inning the open inning) the Flip-Flop rule will be in effect if agreeable to both teams.
- Games will have a 70 minute time limit, with 20 minutes between games.
- Pitcher must be behind the pitching screen after the ball is pitched or the umpire will call a ball.
- Pitching screen must be used in all games.
- Coaches, please enter the Players shirt number on the lineup card.
- Using a substitute runner after first base is the player’s decision.
- Alcohol is NOT allowed.
- Problems are to be taken directly to a board member at the field.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. See Acts of Disbarment or Suspension below.
ACTS OF DISBARMENT OR SUSPENSION
Any team, player, manager/coach, umpire, director, or any other person, whose conduct on or off the field would be detrimental to FWHCSL, will be dealt with immediately. FWHCSL expects all managers/coaches, players, and team representatives to act in a manner where sportsmanship is always practiced.
FWHCSL will not tolerate and may eject, suspend, or disbar any coach, player, team official, umpire, director, or any other person for any of the following unsportsmanlike actions or behaviors:
- The display of abusive behavior in any form during the playing of a FWHCSL event
- Using words or actions that will incite demonstrations
- Using any form of intimidation tactics (profanity, baiting, ridicule, etc.) in the taunting of any team and its members
- The use of any behavior that is not conducive to fair play
- Fighting and/or leaving the bench area when a fight has broken out
- Any type of physical or verbal attack on a player, umpire, or tournament official during the playing of the game, or at any time following the game
If upon further investigation by FWHCSL, any of the above unsportsmanlike conduct is warranted to be severe enough in nature, FWHCSL has the right to issue additional penalties. Such penalties may involve the suspension of further play of the team and/or its members, or disbarment of the guilty parties from FWHCSL.